From D.C. to Beijing

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Feb1-2

We got up very early on Thursday February 1st. We drove to National airport and got all checked in for our flight to Newark.

N and I were so excited and nervous.

We got to Newark on time and then we headed for our gate. We had a long lay over. I think it was 3-4 hours.

We had breakfast and bought a few snacks for the plane.

I do not like to fly and I was so nervous about flying for almost 14 hours.
We flew continental and it was very nice. There were tv's in the seat in front. It had movies and also some games. The food was pretty good and they came by often with drinks. The think I liked best was I was in the middle and N was on the aisle and someone else was in the window. The flight attendants came by and tried to seat people so they would have a seat between. They found a better seat for the woman in the window and so I moved over and N and I had a row of 3 seats to ourselves. It was heaven. I cannot imagine how bad those 14 hours would have been.

I sleep about 6 hours and N slept none.

We landed in Beijing and we were met by our guide Sarah would would be our guide in Beijing and also Hohhot.

She was very sweet. She took us to our hotel and got us all checked in and found a phone card so we could talk with our families.

We were so tired we went walking and we saw a MD's and ate there. It was good. We went back and passed out on the hard beds.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home